Early morning bites to start off your day. Enjoy!
– After yesterday’s 5-2 win over the Baltimore Orioles, an intriguing fun fact emerged out of Spring Training: Ricky Nolasco has struck out 19 batters in ST, while walking none. Pretty impressive I’d say, let’s hope it keeps up during the regular season.
– Cameron Maybin likes to strike himself out in video games. The rest of the article was generic, but I thought that part was funny.
– Among the relief options left for the final bullpen slot, don’t sleep on Scott Strickland. Since he went down to the minors, he’s been pretty impressive. However, he boasts mediocre at best stuff and is right-handed, which explains why he has been down in the minors for the last four years in the first place. Keep an eye out.
– The Marlins sent Jorge Jimenez back to the Boston Red Sox. Hey, the Rule 5 draft can’t always pan out for us.
– Two articles here on the same topic: here are Juan C. Rodriguez and Joe Capozzi on the issue of how Joe Mauer’s new extension could affect the Marlins’ own Hanley Ramirez. I’ll talk about that in a little bit myself.
– Hitting the Cutoff’s Andrew Simon is doing a team preview for each club, and he’s got the up the Marlins up. Check it out.
– Finally, speaking of team previews, I’ll be doing the “Five Questions” preview for the Marlins on The Hardball Times this year, so if there are any Marlins-related questions you think would be interesting to answer, send them over!