With work around, it has been a bit difficult to get something out to you Maniac readers. I apologize for yesterday’s lull. In return, I hope these Bites can help ease the pain.
– The Marlins will look to salvage a game out of this awful series versus the Houston Astros tonight. Anibal Sanchez takes the mound versus Felipe Paulino. As you know though, it’s been the bullpen, not the rotation, that has really been the thorn for the Marlins this series.
– Chris Coghlan is not deterred by the large numbers of notables who are also suffering through early season slumps. Why should he be? Isn’t that actually a reason to feel good about the situation?
– On Jason Starks’ Rumblings and Grumblings this week, Jorge Cantu was called “underrated.” If there was one player I had to call “overrated” on our team, it’s Cantu. Hitting behind Hanley Ramirez will do wonders for your RBI count. Again, not saying Cantu is bad, but “the second best hitter on [the Marlins]?” Pass. (H/T Craig)
– This week at Call to the Pen, FanSided’s own Mat Germain highlighted low-A prospect Edgar Olmos in his On the Level column. John, any thoughts?
– Speaking of CttP, here was my article from last Friday. For me, that seemed like a long time ago. Be sure to tune in tomorrow for another edition of Saber-Slant.