What a crazy week it has been. Halloween was on Monday. MLB free agency got underway on Thursday. I am here to recap everything for you guys today. This week on MarlinManiac:
- Michael Jong announced he was leaving the site to join Fishstripes. He had been on MarlinManiac for the past two years and built the site to where it is today.
- As a result of Michael’s departure, I became the Editor of the site. On Tuesday, I laid out what the New MarlinManiac will look like. If you have not already, please follow the new official MarlinManiac twitter account: @ek2MarlinManiac.
- We took a look at Tim Dierke’s Free Agency predictions and analyzed the potential moves for the Marlins.
- James C. Etzbach Jr. gave us a potential look at what the new Marlins uniforms may look like. Pretty colorful stuff there.
- I also looked into a possible alternative free agent starting pitching target for the Marlins, Paul Maholm.
- If you are interested in writing for MarlinManiac, your chance is here.
- I started a new series that I will do every Wednesday and Friday for the remainder of the off-season. That is an off-season update on moves and rumors for the Fish.
- Last but not least, earlier today I looked at if the Marlins adding Pujols alone make them playoff contenders.