Sorry about the lack of activity this past two weeks. Finals have been crazy. I am all done now and will be back to my regular posting schedule.
Today, we will take a look back at what transpired at MarlinManiac the past week. Once again, we apologize for the inactivity the past week. All of us except James are college students, and James has been extremely busy at working on a project for work. Without further ado, here is a quick recap of the past week at MarlinManiac.
- Will takes a look back at the Miami Marlins pursuit of Albert Pujols leading up to him signing up with the Los Angeles Angels. Will tells us why avoiding Pujols is a blessing in disguise for the Marlins.
- Our second Will was right on the news as soon as it happened. The Marlins trade Burke Badenhop to the Tampa Bay Rays for catcher Jake Jeffeires.
- Will also gave us a quick look back at the Marlins top 30 prospects for the 2011 season. Will showed us how these prospects fared in 2011 and what their roles maybe on the Marlins going forward.
- Not only was Badenhop shipped to the Rays, the Marlins also resigned Donnie Murphy, avoiding arbitration, and they signed Aaron Rowand to a minor league contract. Cory takes a look at what these moves mean for the Marlins in 2012.
- This will be the only week that I will only have one post. That post was 1700 words on how I feel Ken Rosenthal was wrong on how the Marlins should trade Hanley Ramirez. I examined each and every trade scenario Ken Rosenthal mentioned in his article and showed how the Marlins would be worse off with each trade.