We have not had a segment of “Marlins Way” for three weeks now. Today we will be jumping back into our weekly Friday segments of Marlins Way.
Let us take a look today what is happening around the Miami Marlins world around the web today.
- At Fishstripes, our friend Michael Jong has added more personal to his arsenal. Check out the new writers on Fishstripes today.
- One of Fishstripes new writers, etothesecondpower, examines whether Heath Bell’s 2011 season is cause for concern for the Miami Marlins moving forward. It seems Marlins fans do have something to look forward to with Bell. He is likely to be at worst, an above league average reliever.
- Michael takes a look at Anibal Sanchez and his 2011 season. Sanchez was one of the only bright spots on the Marlins in the 2011 season. Michael also presses that the Marlins need to get Sanchez signed to an extension very soon.
- Bullpen Banter and Minor League Ball both take a look at the Marlins minor league system. Both sites agree that the Marlins do have some talent in the minors, but the lack of depth is concerning. The Marlins may lack depth in the minors now, but with their current team and their recently found money, if the Marlins draft properly over the next few seasons, their minor league system should very soon improve. Both sites, as well as Marlins fans, are in love with Christian Yelich and his upside.
- Speaking of money for the Marlins to spend, Yoenis Cespedes is the next big free agent to hit the market. The Cuban sensation hit Youtube again with another hype video by his agency. Some teams and Jon Heyman see the Marlins as the favorites to land Cespedes.
- Ever wonder what the Marlins all-time homegrown team looks like? Well, if you have, you probably have a better idea then C. Trent Rosecrans of CBSSports. He lists Logan Morrison as the center fielder and blatantly leaves Luis Castillo off of the team. I am certain that the Marlins homegrown team can do better then Chris Volstad as the number 3 starter. Also, how about Brett Hayes over Charles Johnson? Juan C. Rodriguez of the Sun-Sentinel took a stab at it himself at making a team. Juan’s team is much, much better. I may take a stab at making a team myself later today.
- Now, Logan Morrison sure cannot play center field, but he can tweet. Morrison started a Twitter war with Ken Rosenthal.
- According to Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald, the Marlins are apparently after every starting pitcher available. The Marlins were reportedly in on Gio Gonzalez right until he was traded to the Washington Nationals. The Marlins are currently interested in Joe Saunders, Matt Garza, Wandy Rodriguez, and Roy Oswalt. Of those four, Rodriguez and Oswalt interest me the most.
Tags: Anibal Sanchez Brett Hayes Charles Johnson Chris Volstad Christian Yelich Gio Gonzalez Joe Saunders Logan Morrison Matt Garza Miami Marlins Roy Oswalt Wandy Rodriguez Washington Nationals Yoenis Cespedes