A very important part of Marlin Maniac in the past and in he future will continue to be “Marlins Way.” I have not been keeping up with this the past few weeks, but we are going to jump back into this today. For those of you that do not know what this segment is about, I will explain it now.
Marlins Way is the link dump on Marlin Maniac used to get provide the readers of Marlin Maniac with fresh Miami Marlins content from around the Marlins internet.
- If you are excited about the Marlins upcoming season and want to read up on previews, head over to FishStripes. So far on FishStripes, Michael Jong has previewed catcher, first, second, and third base.
- The big news this week was that the Washington Nationals and third baseman Ryan Zimmerman agreed on a contract extension. Michael explains how that will effect Hanley Ramirezmoving forward.
- Over on Marlins Daily, Dave Gershman compares Ryan Zimmerman and Hanley Ramirez offensively. See which player has the edge.
- Also on Marlins Daily, Ryan Gaydos writes about Loria wanting to own the Marlins till he dies! Loria has been a major A-hole in the past, but if this past off-season is any indicator of the Marlins future, I have no issues with that!
- Over on Marlins Diehard, David is sick of the stupid puns that the National Media is using. The newest one is “Marlinsanity.” I love that the Marlins are getting attention, but I am with David. These puns suck!
- Giancarlo Stanton fans, beware! Ted is throwing cold water On everyone’s Stanton-boner. He explains why Stanton needs to significantly improve his plate discipline before we can expect an MVP like season from the young slugger.
- A second wild card has been added to each league. Joe Capozzi writes how it could be beneficial to a team like the Marlins.
- Just because the MLB added a second wild card, do not expect Ozzie Guillen to lower his expectations. He still wants the Marlins to win the NL East.
- Pitcher Mark Buehrle and his wife are making case for animal rights. Buehrle has to live in Broward County, as his Dade County does not allow the type of Pit Bull he has. He has been fighting for these rights since learning this news.
- Apparently, manager Ozzie Guillen has just one rule. What is that rule? He believes that the entire Marlins team needs to stand at attention in front of the dugout before every game for the national anthem, starting with Monday’s Grapefruit League opener at Roger Dean Stadium and continuing until the Marlins season ends. I do not disagree with this rule.
That is all today for the Marlins links. Tomorrow we will look at Marlins Way: A Look Around the NL East. Please join us then!