Time for another weekly recap. Last week on Marlin Maniac we had quite a busy week. Expect the next week to be just as busy. We hope to be premiering three new writers over the course of the week. The Miami Marlins will kick off their Spring Training schedule against the St. Louis Cardinals later today.
- Everyone is calling the Philadelphia Phillies the team to beat in the NL East. Greg Dobbs is not amused. Read why Dobbs feels the Marlins are the team to beat.
- Logan Morrison and Bryan Petersen have started their own show. Check it out here. The Petey and LoMo show is very interesting. All Marlins fans hope that the show does not land LoMo in more deep water.
- I asked all you guys, who do you think had the better off-season, the Marlins or their division rivals, the Washington Nationals? Please vote on the poll now. I will post who I think had the better off-season later this week.
- Check out the 1997 v. 2003 Florida Marlins All-World Series optimized lineup. The team is very strong offensively!
- Check out the Miami Marlins 2012 Season Preview: Starting Rotation. A major mystery to the rotation was announced this week. Ricky Nolasco is expected to be the number 3 starter with Anibal Sanchez and Carlos Zambrano battling for 4 and 5.
- Last week, I asked all people interested in writing for MarlinManiac to fill out the FanSided application. The applications are in and we have found three new writers. We will debut them later this week.
- My friends Dylan and Andrew Endlich attended a Marlins spring training workout and sent me some pictures to show you guys. Check them out here. Remember, you guys can send in your pictures as well.
- I also did a Miami Marlins 2012 Season Preview: The Bullpen. See how the battle for the pen shapes out.
- Mike Stanton is an old reliever that used to pitch for the New York Yankees. Giancarlo Stanton is the Marlins right fielder.
- Check out my Miami Marlins season preview with catcher and first base! What kind of production are starter John Buck and Gaby Sanchez going to give to the Marlins? I have projections on both.
- Clubhouse Confidential posed an interesting idea, Gaby Sanchez should be the Marlins lead off hitter. I took a look at that premise and see who I believe should lead off for the 2012 Marlins.
- Missed any posts in February? You are in luck. The February Post Vault has all the posts from the month.
- Here is you chance to WIN FREE TICKETS to Miami Marlins opening night! Find out how here.
- Check out Marlins Way and Marlins Way: A Look Around the NL East to find the best news on the blogospheres!
- Sean West is impressing the Marlins and Anibal Sanchez is injured? Find out all the details here.
Tags: Anibal Sanchez Bryan Petersen Carlos Zambrano Gaby Sanchez Giancarlo Stanton Greg Dobbs Hanley Ramirez John Buck Logan Morrison Miami Marlins Mike Stanton New York Yankees Philadelphia Phillies Ricky Nolasco Sean West St. Louis Cardinals Washington Nationals