Its finally here! Spring Training concludes for the Miami Marlins against the New York Yankees tonight! The season starts on Wednesday against the St. Louis Cardinals. Is anyone else as excited as me to see the new Marlins team take the field for the first time, in a game that actually counts? Lets get this weekly recap going.
(Side note: Is that not the best picture of Bonerface, ever?)
- Who would have thought that outfielder Austin Kearns would be able to steal a roster spot on the Marlins? Well, he did and Will recaps how he did that.
- Will wants to remind us, Carlos Zambrano is a very good hitter. He ponders the idea of Zambrano batting 8th, something I doubt Ozzie Guillen is crazy about.
- Matthew brings up a great point, the new playoff format favors teams that win the division, as it should. The Marlins best shot at the World Series would be to win their division.
- I will let the title tell the story for this post: ITS ALIVE!….KILL IT! KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!!
- Al went a little off-topic, but for a good reason. He wanted to complain about a major folly that the MLB committed.
- According to Bill, the Marlins are building hope for the future. Check out his post to find out just what he is talking about, or if he was possibly brainwashed by the Marlins brass to say this.
- We continued the 1997 v. 2003 All-World series team by selecting our number 3 pitcher for the World Series.
- Check out the 2012 season preview articles on Josh Johnson(link), Anibal Sanchez(link), and Mark Buehrle(link).
- Ozzie Guillen has not made too many questionable decisions to begin his Marlins manager career, yet. I examine one he is currently making with L.O.G.G.Y Randy Choate currently.
- The Marlins were rumored to called the Baltimore Orioles to inquire about the possible acquisition of Nolan Reimold.
- Bad new for the Marlins, relief pitcher Jose Ceda will miss all of the 2012 season due to elbow issues. He will have Tommy John surgery tomorrow.
- See what Hanley Ramirez and Jose Reyes are going orange. See what the players have done with their hair, as well as some updates on roster competitions here.
- The Marlins released Aaron Rowand, and now how the 25-man roster will shape up on Wednesday has become very clear.
- Is Anibal Sanchez the most underrated starter in baseball? Here is my article claiming why he is.
- The Marlins faced the Yankees yesterday for the first MLB game in Marlins Park history. The game will not have any impact on the standings, but it was a huge success for the Marlins overall.
Topics: Anibal Sanchez, Austin Kearns, Carlos Zambrano, Hanley Ramirez, Jose Ceda, Jose Reyes, Josh Johnson, Mark Buehrle, Miami Marlins, New York Yankees, Nolan Reimold, Randy Choate, St. Louis Cardinals