The Miami Marlins have continued to struggle with their demons off the field, but the team has been impressive thus far on the field. Former Marlins players and the media continue to air dirty laundry about the teams owner, Jeffery Loria. Loria on the other hand, continues to tell the world that he has never done anything wrong.
The good news for Marlins fans, the team has actually played pretty well so far. The Marlins Grapefruit record currently sits at 4-3-2. Christian Yelich and Jake Marisnick have done a great job of showing Marlins fans that the future of the Marlins is very bright. Beat writer Joe Frisario even feels that Yelich may make the Marlins decision on him a tough one.
Still predicting Yelich will make for a very difficult decision. Obviously, it looks like Double-A to start. But watch out. #Marlins
— Joe Frisaro (@JoeFrisaro) March 2, 2013
I see no reason for the Miami Marlins to rush Christian Yelich for two reasons:
- He should be tested at Double-A first and see how he reacts
- Delaying his arbitration
Hopefully the Marlins do the right thing and send Yelich to the minors to start the season, but either way, Yelich does not seem to want to make this an easy decision for the Marlins.
Let’s take a quick look at the articles written here on Marlin Maniac last week:
Ehsan Kassim (11):
- In a surprise to no one, owner Jeffery Loria continues to be completely out of touch with the Marlins fanbase. He wrote a letter last week in all three major South Florida newspapers, which did more damage to him then any good.
- Right after Loria spoke to Marlins beat writers, I collected the reactions from the staff here at MM. They all had interesting thoughts on Loria’s words.
- Last week, I interviewed a Marlins fan that had a different perspective on owner Jeffery Loria and his words. While his opinions were not something that everything here will agree with, he does take a respectable stance.
- Marlins top prospect, Jose Fernandez has decided to sign with agent Scott Boras. This could make things extremely interesting in the coming years, as Jose reaches arbitration and later on, free agency.
- Josh Booty, former Marlins first round pick, is trying to make a comeback with the Arizona Diamondbacks in 2013. See why Booty got an invite to camp and why he would be property of the Marlins even if he made the D-Backs team.
- Finally, I provided a link dump on Friday about Jeffery Loria. Most of the links were highly critical of the Marlins owner. I questioned, is Loria the worst owner in sports history? Vote on the poll in the link and see the results!
Andy Salgado (1):
- Andy is pretty excited that baseball is back! He provides some great reasons for you guys to be excited as well!
Justen Rosenberg (1):
- Justen provided us with three Miami Marlins that we should keep an eye on during the 2013 season. Giancarlo Stanton was too obvious of a choice, so he omitted him.