Jul 9, 2015; Miami, FL, USA; Miami Marlins starting pitcher Jose Fernandez (16) delivers a pitch against the Cincinnati Reds during the third inning at Marlins Park. Mandatory Credit: Steve Mitchell-USA TODAY Sports
2011-2015 Marlins’ All-Stars:
- 2015: Not on the roster
- 2014: Stanton 0 for 3, Henderson Alvarez DNP
- 2013: Jose Fernandez 1 IP, no runs, 2 Ks
- 2012: Not on the roster
- 2011: Gaby Sanchez 0 for 1
Not a really impressive run of late. But any team can have a dry spell. Let’s look a little deeper into team lore.
- 2010: Hanley Ramirez 0 for 3, Josh Johnson 2 scoreless IP
- 2009: Hanley 0 for 3, Johnson DNP
- 2008: Hanley 2 for 3, Dan Uggla 0 for 4, 4 errors between them
- 2007: Miguel Cabrera 0 for 1
- 2006: Cabrera Pinch Ran, Uggla DNP
Starting to seem like the All-Star Game isn’t really our thing.
More from Marlins News
- Miami Marlins news: Another target gone
- Why didn’t the Miami Marlins sign JDM?
- Miami Marlins rejected Boston‘s trade offer
- Miami Marlins are pursuing Michael Conforto
- Miami Marlins need to spend to win
Hanley had an excellent showing at the plate, tying the franchise record for hits in an All-Star Game in ’08. But the four Marlin errors, three by the beloved Uggla, made that game the nadir for the club’s ASG showings.
2010 is the standout here, as Johnson was perfect for two innings, and ex-Marlin manager Joe Girardi lost.
If you ignore the fact he was there because he’d just won a championship, that personnel decision looked entirely justified for a night.
And yes, Hanley did pull down a string of consecutive starts- a team first.
But again, not much of a résumé.
Next: 2002-2005 Marlins' All-Stars