Miami Marlins Top Washington Nationals 5-4, Tie Mets
TGIF Marlin Maniacs. And not just because it means House of Cards has started again, but for a reason a bit more wholesome than that. Fuller House wholesome even: we have our first full weekend of baseball games laid out before us. To that end, the Miami Marlins played two games this afternoon, beating the Washington Nationals and tying the New York Mets in split squad action.
More from Marlins News
- Miami Marlins news: Another target gone
- Why didn’t the Miami Marlins sign JDM?
- Miami Marlins rejected Boston‘s trade offer
- Miami Marlins are pursuing Michael Conforto
- Miami Marlins need to spend to win
To that end, we’ll be unveiling our first Stat Wrap Recap of Grapefruit League play. Stat Wrap Recaps give you a smattering of pithy banter and/or game analysis, but also close with a stat per inning of relevant info from the game for the Marlin Maniac on the go. For Spring Games, more often than not we’ll just give you the stats. Read the lead in, skip to Stat Wrap, your call- we’re just glad you stopped by.
Seriously though, please only come if you like the content. But without further ado, here’s what mattered from the two contests:
- The Marlins beat Washington 5-4 on a 3-run HR in the 9th.
- That was a Justin Maxwell HR, his second of the Spring.
- The Marlins tied New York 4-4.
- Marcell Ozuna went 3-3, and is 5-5 this Spring.
- Only three projected regulars have two or more hits.
- That does not include Giancarlo Stanton; had his first today.
- SP Justin Niccolino allowed one hit in two scoreless innings.
- SP Adam Conley allowed two hits and a HR in two innings.
- Jarred Cosart rallied from a collision to strike out the side in the 3rd.