Well, at least the sun came out for the holiday.
In case you missed it, this weekend was a bit of a washout in Jupiter, as both Friday and Saturday saw games cancelled due to inclement weather. That leaves the Marlins with only Friday night’s exhibition against the Yankees to practice playing under the lights before Opening Day. But baseball was finally played yesterday, giving Jose Fernandez a chance to work on his change-up, and J.T. Realmuto a chance to make his case moving up in the batting order.
More from Marlins News
- Miami Marlins are pursuing Michael Conforto
- Miami Marlins need to spend to win
- Miami Marlins can’t afford to botch this trade
- Miami Marlins news: the New York Mets are a risky threat
- Miami Marlins keep missing out on stars
After a shaky offensive start, the Marlins came back from behind to beat their Roger Dean roommate 4-2. Here’s your Stat Wrap.
- Realmuto drilled a game winning, 2 RBI single in the 6th.
- That brings J.T’s average to a 3rd best amongst starters .324.
- Jose Fernandez struck out 6, but have up 2 ER and 3 walks.
- Miami’s bullpen had 5 2/3 scoreless frames the rest of the way.
- That includes Jose Urena‘s second win.
- As well as Nefi Ogando‘s second save.
- And Edwin Jackson‘s second hold. All look to stick in the pen.
- Adeiny Hechavarria added an RBI and is batting. 395.
- Which is comforting as Justin Bour, Martin Prado, and Christian Yelich are a combined .184 this spring. Need offense from somewhere.
And that’s a wrap. Today’s game was apparently rained out as well, so let’s hope those struggling Marlins hitters get some work in in the cages.