More from Marlins News
- Miami Marlins are pursuing Michael Conforto
- Miami Marlins need to spend to win
- Miami Marlins can’t afford to botch this trade
- Miami Marlins news: the New York Mets are a risky threat
- Miami Marlins keep missing out on stars
The Marlins will have more than a dozen players patrolling the outfield this spring, and as many as half a dozen of those could end up as the everyday center fielder. In addition to the four players mentioned above, the Marlins might consider Jon Berti or Jonathan Villar in center.
Berti made 15 starts in center in 2019 and was generally an effective player for Miami. But he might be best suited for a super-utility role. Last season, Berti spent time at each of the outfield spots, as well as shortstop and third base.
Another option could be the newly acquired Jonathan Villar. In his seven big league seasons, Villar has made eight appearances in center field. He’s also made five appearances in left field. But none of those outfield appearances have come over the last three seasons, where he played primarily at second base or shortstop.