Marlins dominate Braves behind Sixto’s dominance
The Marlins Braves series has already provided us with a winner as the Marlins record their first-ever series win at Truist Park tonight with an 8-0 victory. The story of the day as it is with every Sixto Sanchez start is indeed the rookie Sixto Sanchez. The rookie phenom threw 37% of his pitches tonight at or above 98MPH which is unbelievable. Sixto was able to finish the day with 6IP, 3H, 0ER, 1 BB, and 6 strikeouts. If the rookie is able to continue in the pace then you could see him making a play at potentially winning the NL Rookie of the year as he carries 1.80 ERA in 4 starts. The future is bright and if the Marlins are indeed able to crack the playoffs no manager will be thrilled to be facing him on the mound. The Marlins can pull of the sweep tomorrow.
In other news, Garrett Cooper continues his excellent form as he adds another 4 RBI to his season total giving 12 RBI in 12 games with 3 home runs. The question with Cooper has never been his bat, but his ability to stay on the field. You have to rule out the delay from COVID-19, but he was dealing with a quad injury just three days ago. If Garrett Cooper can stay healthy then this offense unlocks a more consistent threat at first base/DH.
– Jorge Alfaro finally awoke from his slumber as the catcher finally got his first home run of the year and was able to collect another RBI on a single to score Jazz Chisholm. He was swinging the bat great in Spring Training and I expect him to start a streak.
– Find someone who believes in you as Don Mattingly believes in James Hoyt and Richard Bleier. The two have been immaculate in their performances this season after being acquired after the bullpen lost a majority of the staff due to COVID-19.
– Jazz Chisholm got the first steal of his big league career without flying past the base tonight and was able to cross home plate for the first time as well. His bat still has a way to go as he catches up to Major League pitching, but the Marlins will need him too soon.
– Ryne Stanek returned to action tonight to pitch a 1-2-3 in the 9th and people tend to forget about him in the bullpen. Don’t be surprised to see him in a prominent role as the team moves forward.
– Matt Joyce continues to hammer RHP, but I find myself never excited to watch his at-bats. The results are there so you can never complain as he was a great signing especially with the addition of the DH.
– The offense woke up. They need the streak to continue tomorrow night.
Tomorrow’s Action: Marlins Braves 7:10 PM EST. Pablo Lopez vs Tommy Milone
Free Bet Of The Day Update: Atlanta Braves Under 3.5 runs (+160) Cashed. Record 3-0.