We are entering the final week of Spring Training. In just 9 days, we will get to see the Miami Marlins take the field for the first time ever at Marlins Park. The season is so close. Marlin Maniac will finish up with out 2012 Season Preview with a look at the pitching this week.
As the season draws near, I still want to extend an invitation to anyone still interested in joining a Marlin Maniac fantasy baseball league. We still have a few spots open. You can join by clicking here.
Without any further ado, lets take a look at our past week:
- As a Miami sports fan, the taste of losing out on Peyton Manning and the Heat losing in the Finals last season is still very fresh in our minds. Will is depending on the Marlins to bring some wins to the city. And do not worry, the Panthers and Heat can still do that in 2012 as well!
- Last week Matthew took a look at some new ballparks that brought their teams a lot of glory. This week, he examined the teams that have had mixed success with their new stadiums.
- Al recaps for us Hanley Ramirez and his past. Al also tells us what the key to the Marlins 2012 success may actually be.
- Think you have a strong fantasy baseball team? Take a second to compare your team to Geoff’s fantasy team. I have to say, good job drafting Geoff, hell of a team!
- The “Petey and LoMo”show” is hilarious. If you have missed any episodes of the show hosted by Marlins outfielders Bryan Petersen and Logan Morrison, James provides you with an opportunity to catch up!
- After a long hiatus because of work and school, I finally jumped back into the season previews. I took a look at the center field and right field positions for the Marlins. Check those out to see some projections.
- Earlier this week, I had a nice chat with Robbie Knopf of Rays Colored Glasses. You can check out the questions and answers we had for each other here.
- Wondering how the competition for the final bullpen spot and the bench are going? You can find out in my Spring Training Competition updates. Which lefty for the Marlins has the inside track on the final bullpen spot? How many outfielders do the Marlins plan on carrying?
- There are always surprises in Spring Training. They can be good or bad. Take a look at the players that have surprised me so far this spring.
- Last season, if they were teammates, Emilio Bonifacio and Jose Reyes would have combined for 79 stolen bases. I set the over/under for their steals in 2012 at 75. Please comment on the post with your guess for a chance to win some prizes!
- The monstrosity is up and running? Take a look at the post your yourselves to see the video of the home run structure going off and judge what you think of the Marlins home run sculpture.