Weekly Recap (4/2/12-4/8/12)
By Ehsan Kassim
Rough opening week for the Miami Marlins. We lost three out of the four games we played. The Marlins did play well and had the lead into the ninth in their third loss, but it was still a loss. Time for the Marlins to bounce back against the Philadelphia Phillies. For the preview, click here and here for Will Stanifer’s 5 predictions.
Now we will take a look back at the posts that were made on Marlin Maniac last week:
- Check out Will’s five predictions for the season opener against the St. Louis Cardinals. Did any of his predictions come true?
- Matthew offered his own predictions for the 2012 Miami Marlins season. Check them out now.
- Al wonders, is Marlins park too big? Should the Marlins move in their fences, ala the New York Mets? Al has a very strong opinion on that. See what he thinks now.
- Never say the Marlins do not care about you. They have taken measures to help ensure the fans safety that no other team in baseball has. We appreciate this, Marlins.
- Geoff went to one of the exhibition games against the New York Yankees. You can check out his thoughts on the stadium and the home run structure.
- Geoff also reflected on some baseball history, historic seasons, and other tidbits involving baseball. The countdown for opening day had begun.
- I finished up the 2012 Miami Marlins season preview series with a look at the Marlins number four and five pitchers.
- Here is the recap for the second game of the Marlins-Yankees exhibition series to debut the stadium.
- Check out the projections made by myself and the Marlin Maniac staff. Where do we see the Marlins stacking up in the NL East? You will have to check out the post to find out.
- Here is a look at the article for the Opening Day Preview: St. Louis Cardinals @ Miami Marlins. I had a nice chat with the Editor of Red Bird Rants, check that out as well.
- Here is a quick look at the projections from all the experts around baseball. We have projections from ESPN, Fangraphs, and our own Call to the Pen.
- Here is a look at my bold predictions for the 2012 Marlins season.
- Here is the Series Preview: Miami Marlins @ Cincinnati Reds (4/5/12, 4/7-4/8). Did another chat, this time with the staff from Blog Red Machine.
- Here are the recaps for the Marlins first four games: St. Lous Cardinals, Kyle Lohse spoil Marlins Opener, Cincinnati Reds win season opener 4-0, keep Marlins winless, Miami Marlins trash Cincinnati Reds behind Nolasco, offensive resurgence, and Miami Marlins blow lead in 9th, lose game and series to Cincinnati Reds.