Weekly Recap (4/16/12-4/22/12)
By Ehsan Kassim
The Miami Marlins season has not gotten off to the start they were anticipating. The team currently sits at 7-8 and is just a couple of well played series away from taking off. Part of the early problem for the Marlins has been struggles on the road. The Marlins are just 2-6 this season on the road. The team is 5-2 at home. Nine of the teams next thirteen games will be on the road.
Lets get another exciting week started with a look back at the past week:
- You can check out Will’s observations for the Houston Astros series and his predictions for the Chicago Cubs series here.
- Will took a look at how his predictions fared when the Marlins took on the Cubs and made some predictions for the upcoming Washington National series.
- Matthew wonders, will Marlins fans ever forgive Ozzie Guillen? Matthew and I both agree that they eventually will, but what will it take for that to happen? Click the link and find out.
- Here’s a good read, Geoff analyses Josh Johnson’s last start. What did the right hander do correct in his last start that was missing in his first two starts? Will that make a difference in his start tonight?
- I was unable to do the game recap for the middle of the Marlins-Cubs series, so Geoff had me covered. The Marlins offense had a big day behind a very solid start by Mark Buehrle.
- New Rule: If you Can’t Play Baseball, You Might as Well be Bitter and Write About Those Who Can
- Al is steamed about the annoyance people being about the Marlins attendance so far. He explains why attendance should not be a concern for Marlins fans.
- Hate it or love it, the Miami Marlins are a .500 team right now, explains Bill. Whether they can improve or not the rest of the season is still to be seen.
- Here is a look at the series preview I had for the Chicago Cubs-Miami Marlins series.
- I know stats mean little 10 games into the season, but I took a look at some of the Marlins pitchers from the first 10 games.
- Geoff had the game recap of the middle game, but here are the recaps for the first and third games.
- Here is a look at the series preview I had for the Miami Marlins-Washington Nationals series, along with the accompanying chat I had with Michael Nateli of District on Deck.
- Unfortunately, the Marlins offense slept through the first game of the series, as the Marlins fell 2-0.