Oct 9, 2015; Toronto, Ontario, CAN; The benches for the Toronto Blue Jays and Texas Rangers clear in the 13th inning in game two of the ALDS at Rogers Centre. Mandatory Credit: Nick Turchiaro-USA TODAY Sports
So, who am I rooting for? Well it would probably have been Pittsburgh, all outta love for Burnett. And sausage. But factoring in eliminations, here’s my order of preference. No Beckett/Mike Lowell/Kevin Millar level Red Sox love out there, so Marlin presence having little impact on my rankings.
More from Marlin Maniac
- Miami Marlins One-Year Wonder 1B
- Miami Marlins can’t afford to botch this trade
- Miami Marlins news: the New York Mets are a risky threat
- Miami Marlins keep missing out on stars
- Miami Marlins rumors: New closer?
- Rangers- I know a guy in their farm system.
- Cubs- Torn. Have family in Chicago, but also feel like the Cubs ineptitude is just part of the order of the universe. And I want to tell my kids the billy-goat story.
- Astros- Just a good story.
- Cardinals- Nothing against them.
- Royals- Nothing against them except ballot stuffing fans that were voting for Nori Aoki over Giancarlo Stanton this year. Plus they were so close last year, and I did always like Infante.
- Dodgers- Marlin presence gives Dodgers the nod over the rest of the field.
- Blue Jays- Fun city. Who doesn’t love poutine?
- Mets- Obviously last. Something to be said for losing your division to the World Champ though.
Follow Marlin Maniac on Twitter @MarlinManiac for all your Miami Marlins news, opinion and analysis!