Three weeks from today, the Miami Marlins will kick of their season in Washington, to take on the Nationals. The World Baseball Classic has entered it’s second round and the first cuts of spring training have already taken place. The season is inching towards us.
As the season approaches, the coverage here on Marlin Maniac will kick into gear as well. We are in the middle of our top prospects list and have already started getting into a routine with the game recaps. Some big news coming today or tomorrow about a new staff member being added onto the team as well.
What I can announce today is our new social media manager, Will Stanifer:
Will be the new Social Manager for @marlinmaniac This includes live tweets throughout the game, breaking news, etc. Everyone please follow
— Will Stanifer (@GenghisKhan19) March 11, 2013
Excited to have Will back on the staff, as some of you guys remember him as a staff writer from last season.
Let’s take a quick look at the articles written here on Marlin Maniac last week:
- Placido Polanco is dealing with back issues and it turns out that Josh Booty will not have a chance to resurrect his baseball career with the Marlins. Read herefor all the details on both these news tidbits.
- From news about Giancarlo Stanton wowing teammates to making his television debut, read about what Stanton is doing when he is away from the Marlins because of the WBC.
- I continued my look at the Marlins top prospects, as ranked by Marlin Maniac: here are #14 and #13.
- Excited for Marlin Maniac’s second annual season preview? Here is a what you guys can expect from Marlin Maniac as we preview the 2013 season.
- Ricky Nolasco was named the 2013 Miami Marlins Opening Day starter against the Washington. This news is hardly a surprise to anyone, but how Nolasco found out about the news is.
- Alfredo Silverio, the Marlins Rule 5 pick, has dealt with another major setback from his recovery from his car accident from a year ago. Find out here how long Silverio is going to be out.
- The Marlins made their first cuts this past week, no surprises for who was let go.
- Not interested in the World Baseball Classic because you don’t think it’s important? Placido tells you guys why the WBC does matter.
- Will the Marlins signing of Placido Polanco be a disaster? That is the question that Alex poses to our readers. Will injuries make the Marlins regret signing the former all-star third baseman?
- Fansided now have an iOS App. Download it today to get your daily Marlin Maniac fix directly on your IPhone or IPad!