After a 3-3 week, the Miami Marlins will take the field for another 6 games, and this time, they hope to be over .500 for the week. The Marlins are coming fresh off of their second walk-off win to open their new stadium, which has never been done in Major League history, by the way.
Lets get another exciting week started with a look back at the past week:
- Will made his five predictions for what would happen in the series against division rival Philadelphia Phillies.
- Last week, Will also took a look at a few potential incidents/moments that will likely be shown to the nation on the show “The Franchise.”
- Marlins Park is brand new and is now open for business. Matthew explains how the fans will have to make adjustments to this park, as opposed to going to Marlins games in the past.
- After a struggle on the road, all the Marlins needed was some home cooking to when their first game back in their new stadium.
- Geoff warns Marlins fans, there is no need to panic now, it’s only April.
- Geoff also made a great post on the context and perspective on the Ozzie Guillen drama. If you want to read what the media has ignored in all this drama and incorrect characterization, check the post out.
- Interested in seeing some of Ozzie Guillen’s interests? Check out this post by James to see what Ozzie likes to do after games and his other interests.
- James takes a look at some past punishments that have happened for inappropriate remarks. All of these people had a long road back to being loved. Is it going to be this hard for Ozzie?
- Here is my series preview for our series against the Philadelphia Phillies. I called for the Marlins winning 2 of 3, but they instead lost 2 of 3.
- Ozzie Guillen received a 5-game suspension from the Miami Marlins for his Fidel Castro comments. Fortunately, he will be returning tomorrow against the Chicago Cubs.
- The Marlins were able to pull out the first game of the series against the Phillies behind a strong start from Anibal Sanchez and a two home run game by Omar Infante.
- The second game was supposed to be a classic pitching duel between Roy Halladay and Josh Johnson. That did not turn out that way. Halladay had another great start and JJ was rocked in a Phillies win.
- I apologize for not having a post in the Marlins finale with the Phillies, which was also a win for the Phillies.
- Next up for the Marlins was the Houston Astros. Here is the series preview for that series. This was a series I predicted a sweep for the Marlins, they won 2 of 3.
- The Marlins took the first game on a Gaby Sanchez walk off double to drive in Chris Coghlan. It was the first win for the Marlins at home.
- The Marlins had game two in the bag, but blew the game in the 9th inning. Heath Bell is now 0-for-2 in save opportunities.
- New segment for Marlin Maniac is “sLoM0-ing.” Click to find out what this exactly is.
- The series finale for the Marlins against the Astros may have been the most exciting game. Infante was the first Marlin to homer in the new stadium. Hanley Ramirez was the second, as well as the second Marlin to get a walk-off hit.